Friday, September 12, 2008

I Hate My iPod



I'm sorry, but what is with Apple making P.O.S. products? I bought an iPod about a year and a half ago, and for the $350 bucks I paid for it, I was expecting it to run like an Olympic Kenyan track star. Instead, now I have a nifty little music player that freezes up on me more times than it actually plays music. Not to mention that it's gotten corrupted, and no matter how many times I've restored it, it always ends up corrupted again. So, I've ended up losing all these songs that I put on there, and when I asked about it getting fixed, the Apple-nerd guy told me that there was no way to fix it, and that I should just buy another one.

I guess I'm not the only one who has had problems. For anyone who has dared to venture to the iPod help center, they'd know the absolute hell of trying to navigate their way through that stupid site.

Now, I know Apple Fan-boys will probably hunt me down, and burn me at the stake for even suggesting that their beloved company makes crappy products, but I really don't care. I don't even use my iPod that much. I use it once a morning when I go for a jog, and I've never dropped it or crushed it, or treated it badly (of course, maybe the Ipod -which I named GLaDOS- is hurt that I don't pay enough attention to it, and that I didn't notice the knew dress it was wearing, and is now on protest, but I highly doubt it).

I would seriously caution who is interested in buying an iPod. Next time, I'm getting a Zune.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Michele, I love your blog!! You are such a great writer. I enjoy it and you are so funny. I miss you. Andrew was so disappointed that you didn't get to come down. I hope we can stay in touch through our blogs. Love you, Aunt Shelley

Ann Marie said...

Hey dude!! I tagged you to do one of those blog survey things!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you hurt her feelings and she ran away. How long has she been missing now?

Anonymous said...

I'm on my fourth. Three of the four have had malfunctions with the sound. The part where the head phones plug in becomes loose or something and everything goes to mono. It happens about a year and a half into it. It pisses me off there is nothing else really like it but it works like shit. Also, Apple doesn't care at all about your problems and you are right, the website help pages are bollocks. It's a huge rip off and they are just ending up in our landfills. I will never again buy one. NEVER AGAIN.