Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Am Liz Lemon





I've watched 30 Rock countless times, and now I'm convinced that I am Liz Lemon's long lost sister. Aside from the fact that I own a pair of snazzy black glasses (well, they're not exactly like Tina Fey's, but still), her character once described herself that basically summed up my entire personality.

"I don't smoke. I don't use any drugs, except my allegery medicine. I don't download music without paying for it. And I never wear flip-flops, ever. It's gross. I am not a lap-sitter. Nope, not a lap-sitter, never have been."

Yep. That's me. Right there. And it's not just that, when she goes to an awesome party full of trendy people, she ends up calling her buddy on the phone, telling her how uncomfortable she is.

"It's teriffying! It's too much. I just want to go home so I can watch that documentary about midgets and eat a block of chedder cheese."

That is exactly how I feel sometimes in social situations. . .and I love cheese. Even though Lemon is way funnier than I am, I can't help but like her because she reminds me so much of myself. My nerdy, dorky self. Am I insane? Does anyone else relate to her character?



1 comment:

a loose seal said...

Yay! I'm so glad you have a blog now! You're a great writer so it only makes sense. :)

I never made the connection before but you are totally right: YOU ARE LIZ LEMON!!! Especially the flip flops thing...who doesn't like flip flops???

Anyways, thanks for posting the video, too. 30 Rock is the best. Love you!